Diabetes affects more than 25 million Americans and is a major cause of heart attack and stroke. Venice Regional Bayfront Health is dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals living with diabetes through comprehensive care and education. Our self-management program provides individuals with the skills and knowledge they need to manage the disease and avoid complications.
We provide care and education for type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes, prediabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia through a range of services, including:
- Assessments to determine individual needs
- Blood-sugar testing
- Individual training for insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring
- Nutritional counseling, including meal planning and weight management assistance
- Support groups
- Wound healing services
Learning how to manage your diabetes effectively is the key to staying healthy- that’s why an important part of our care is ensuring that you have the tools and skills you need to avoid complications. The doctors, nurse educators, dietitians and other diabetes care professionals at Venice Regional Bayfront Health provide valuable education and information to help you manage your health.
Our educational program covers topics such as:
- Types of diabetes, complications, and effective management techniques
- Nutrition for diabetes, including meal planning, tips for dining out and understanding food labels
- Problem solving and coping skills
- How to reduce complications and improve overall health, including information on exercise and weight control
- Diabetes medications and devices
- Helpful diabetes resources, including support groups, community offerings and more