Resources and Support
Get trusted information about how to prepare for and recognize emergency situations, and how to respond quickly and efficiently when faced with an emergency.
Browse Our Emergency Medicine Health Library
Anytime you are not comfortable with a medical situation, call 911 (or your local emergency number), go to your nearest emergency room, or call your family physician.
In an emergency, it is easy to "forget" even the most well-known information. That is why it is crucial for you to complete the information in this form for each member of your household.
Having a very sick or severely injured child is a parent’s worst nightmare. If it happened to your child, would you know the best way to go about getting treatment? Knowing when to call an ambulance is important.
If you're sick or hurt and want help quickly, it may seem like a good idea to go to the emergency room (ER) for care. You may think of the ER as a source of the most immediate medical attention, but if your situation is not a real emergency, this isn't true.
If you suffer a serious eye injury, what you don't do immediately afterward may help more than what you do.
Expert Emergency Care, 24/7
More than 30,000 individuals come to our Emergency Care Center each year for assistance with a medical problem. Every day, 24 hours a day, Venice Regional Bayfront Health’s emergency room doctors, nurses and other health care staff are available to provide you and your loved ones with expert care. Our highly trained staff can provide care for everything from cuts and broken bones to life-threatening conditions such as heart attack or stroke. We provide efficient, prompt and compassionate care, and offer:
- Multi-functional treatment rooms for patients with varied conditions.
- A dynamic ER design focused on providing a better experience for patients and visitors.
- Highly qualified, dedicated health care professionals who are committed to the highest standards of care.
- A Primary Stroke Care Center's experienced stroke team that has the expertise and technology to deliver life-saving care. Our Primary Stroke Care Center is accredited by the Joint Commission.
- A continued commitment to keep wait times to a minimum.
A better experience for patients
When you come to the emergency room, you want immediate attention. We work hard to make sure every patient receives high-quality care in the most timely, comfortable and efficient manner. We believe our patients’ loved ones deserve the same attention to quality care, so we do our best to ensure they are well informed and as comfortable as possible. Venice Regional Bayfront Health is dedicated to improving the emergency room experience.
Ready when you need us
Every day, 24 hours a day, Bayfront Health emergency room doctors, nurses and staff are available to provide you and your loved ones with quality, efficient care. Our network of emergency and trauma centers provide the highest level of care, as designated by multiple accrediting bodies.
- Bayfront's aeromedical transport program, Bayflite, serves approximately 3 million residents in 18 counties along West Central Florida. Bayflite is the largest hospital-based trauma flight program in the Southeast United States
- Nurses are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Stroke Care
- St. Petersburg hospital provides a regional Level II Adult & Pediatric trauma center, servicing 18 regional counties
- Six strategically located Accredited Chest Pain Centers, two with PCI accreditation
- Designated primary stroke center at six hospitals
- Brooksville, Punta Gorda, Dade City, Spring Hill, St. Petersburg, Venice
Fast emergency care is available at all Bayfront Health hospitals.